This smoothie is going to make you feel like you’re on a tropical island.
The fruit are loaded with vitamins A and C while the yogurt provides an instant source of protein.
Servings: 2 (12 ounces each)
- 1 orange, peeled
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 peach halves
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1-2 tbsps shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup white grape juice (or more almond milk)
- 6 ice cubes
- In a blender, purée all the ingredients except the ice cubes.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- I used Trader Joe’s yellow cling peach halves in white grape juice, but you can also use other brands or a fresh peach
- If you use fresh mango in place of frozen, you may need to add ice cubes to thicken the smoothie
- Add ice last so you don’t over-blend, leaving you with a watery drink
- I’ve successfully added protein powder to this recipe
Can you tell I like to frequent Trader Joe’s? 🙂